Friday, October 24, 2008

Life In Texas

I saw a bumper sticker a couple weeks ago that said "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." Living in Texas has been great! The area is beautiful. I love the city, although it is a little bit more challenging getting around. It's slightly bigger than Lexington!
We are getting more settled in, as each day passes. We can't wait to find a church to connect with, I think it will feel more like home when we find a church. Sometimes I don't think people understand how important it is to be apart of the body. When we are disconnected we don't function correctly. I understand that when Paul was talking about how the Church is the body made up of many parts. Finding a church and connecting with like minded people is the most important thing on our list. Jessie and I are planning on inviting people in our apartment building and people we meet at church ASAP. We want to hit the ground running, so we don't fall into any bad habits. It's important to start building a ministry around us. People who we can love and minster to, but we need older people who can mentor and disciple us.

Josiah is getting huge! He's not a fat baby, he's just going to be a big boy. I think he is going to have my broad shoulder build, but I hope he will be a few inches taller than me. He can hold himself pretty good now, I've been laying him on his belly and putting his arm under him so he can start do some push-ups. Amazingly he can push his chest off the ground. Who knows he could be a 5-star football player out of Texas. I'll make sure he plays for the University of Kentucky.

Work has been going great. I'm going love what I do, but the biggest change is my Boss. It is really nice working for a man loves Jesus, and who shares similar values and principles. The Lord has blessed our family with a wonderful opportunity.

Thank you for your continued prayers - John :-)

No comments: