Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

So much to catch up on. I'm trying to think of all the things that have happened this month. Mostly it's been our car accident the weekend after Christmas. In bad traffic outside Dayton, we got rear-ended by a car that got rear-ended by the car behind it. The other two cars were totaled, but we were all fine and able to drive away. I was very sad though - we have only had our Escape for like a month! But thankfully, the car at fault has to pay for all our repairs and for a rental while it's being fixed. Which has steadily become a longer and longer process. We started out with an estimate of $4300 to fix it, and last week it was up to $6500. Apparently they keep finding "hidden damage" and it looks like we'll get it back sometime in January. On the up side, the rental Enterprise gave us was a brand-new Tahoe. Which I am now in love with. I really like pretending that it's mine. And it came in handy when we went to pick up a Christmas tree - we didn't have to strap it to the hood! Although I was kind of looking forward to having a Griswold moment. :-)

So tonight I felt like I accomplished a lot: I fed Joe and his friend, made Joe birthday cookies, made TJ a turkey pot-pie (with mashed potatoes and a homemade pie crust) AND gave Siah a bath. All at the same time. But then, when I went to get Siah to put him to bed, I found him rubbing baby lotion into the back of his head. Which, after 15 minutes of scrubbing with shampoo, did not come out. And on top of that, I (stupidly) used a glass to try to rinse his hair, which I promptly dropped in the tub. Where it broke. A lot. I got Siah out of the tub without cutting him, but managed to slice my finger. And then we went to finish trying to clean his hair upstairs in the other tub. Which doesn't have a drain plug. Because we lost it. :-) Finally I just put him to bed and decided to google it and try again tomorrow. His hair is so greasy. These are the fun days...

I am going to bed now.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was laughing when I read about Siahs hair on fb..i can totally relate to days like that. Just wanted to let you know that the Cherished ministry sounds incredible. I am def. going to be praying for your group and the girls that you are ministering to..what an incredible thing...thanks for sharing:)
Hope you are feeling great! When do u find out if baby hood is a boy or girl?!

jess said...

Thanks Ashley! It's been the most fun ministry ever. I can't wait to do our Christmas outreach (which will be next Wednesday)! I'm actually feeling a lot better, as of the last week and a half. The first trimester wasn't as fun as I hoped, but now it's a lot better. We go for our ultrasound at the end of January! I can't wait to see if we're looking for girl or boy names!