Monday, February 28, 2011

Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

I am totally in love with these two swatches of fabric. TJ's granny makes blankets for all the grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren, and sent me a several swatches to choose from for Baby Ballet's blanket. I picked these two, and then she'll use some green and burgandy (the color in the flowers in the top swatch) for the solid accent patches. I carry these around in my purse so I can show someone, or just to look at. I love them, and I love the sweet, vintage feel this blanket will have. I'm just getting more and more excited about having a little girl. :-)

Today it has been pouring since I woke up, and I'm not complaining. I like rain, especially when I don't have to go anywhere. I don't know what it says about my personality that I enjoy weather that depresses a lot of people. Of course, after a week of it, I might feel differently. I'm not moving to Forks anytime soon. (Kudos to you geeks who get that reference). I'm also in a great mood because I'm feeling like a good wife today. My kitchen is pretty clean, I hand-washed a bunch of dishes the dishwasher decided to only give half its attention to, and I saved our family $5.97. Well, I will have when I go to back to Walmart with my reciept. I'm not a couponer or anything, (I probably should be), but I was looking at my receipt and noticed a weird charge that was only a series of numbers and didn't seem to be the right amount of anything I had gotten. As my husband has *ahem* encouraged me to stop buying things (that we need) without paying attention to how much I spent, I was very proud that I checked the receipt closely enough to notice this mistake. So I came home, went through my bags and checked things off, and sure enough, this is an extra charge. So I called the manager of Walmart, who told me to come up with my receipt and they would fix it. Give the girl a gold star!

Well, I'm going to go bask in my responsibility. Hope you are having a great day.

No comments: