Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well team, it's been a great weekend/start to the week. Saturday we had our first women's conference at the Vineyard, and it was so great. There were about 35 women there, and I really enjoyed the chance to hang out and get to know the faces I see every week, but don't know very well. Mom gave a great talk about the household of God, and I was really encouraged to have a Paul/Barnabas and a Timothy in my life. I've felt strongly about the importance of mentoring and discipleship ever since my involvement with Campus Outreach. I grew so much as a result of meeting regularly with a mentor and learning from her wisdom and example, and doing bible studies together. Mom explained to us that it's important to have a Paul/Barnabas (someone further along in their faith or life that you can meet with for encouragment and counsel - someone who is not a 'yes' man, but can get in your face when you're in the wrong) and a Timothy (someone that you encourage), citing Titus 2:3-5:

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers, or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God".

Then we heard testimonies from Stephanie Liby, myself, and Margaret Thornberry about life, love and legacy. It was really cool and I was inspired to have faith that moves and a legacy that pleases God.

This Sunday the whole experience at church: worship, sermon, and fellowship were all amazing. Hearing testimonies about a revival and awakening happening in Richmond was so awesome, and I love worshipping at the Vineyard so much more than should be allowed. I can't wait to see where we're headed next. Without going into too much detail, it's also been a great day today of wrestling with biblical principles. Not that I necessarily enjoy feeling like maybe God is asking me to do something differently than I've always thought was right. But I'm so thankful that when I come to God with a question about his will and seek him, he answers. I hate saying something that gets said all the time, but God is faithful. I guess if the angels can say Holy Holy Holy for all eternity, I can say God is faithful, even if people get tired of it. :-)

And finally, we found out today that everything is done and we can close on our house! We're still waiting until the end of April, but I'm so excited all the paperwork stuff and loan application are done! I got some flower seeds at the women's conference and I can't wait to start planting them in front of our little house. Happy summer ahead!

No comments: