Monday, October 10, 2011

Lonely Is The Night... is an awesome song.

I just want to let you know that my husband informed me at 7:00 am this morning that we were painting Josiah's room. Now. I quickly informed him right back that there was no way I was painting anything without having had any coffee. Pshh. Who did he think he was talking to? I am a zombie before I have coffee. But it is now 12:16, and his room is completely done, with the exception of some edging, which I will let TJ do when he wakes up from his nap. He has the day off today, which is AMAZING. Love it. In anticipation of his long weekend with the family, we hit up Lowe's on Saturday morning and bought paint for both of the kids rooms. We did Stella's on Saturday. I bought a pale pink, but since we don't believe in priming, it came out a little more pink than I hoped for. However, I still like it, and when we paint the angled walls in her room white, it will look even better. Everytime I see it, all I can think is that her room is covered in her "two signature colors: blush and bashful". (Although her room is one color of pink - it still works with the quote).

Yesterday at church was crazy. Worship at our church has just been getting more and more Holy Spirit filled. It was a little bit of a new experience at first, and now it's just more and more amazing every week. Yesterday was just kind of indescribable. People from church are still talking about it today on facebook - and it was in both services. It just felt like that verse about God inhabiting the praises of his people. It's so exciting to be part of whatever is happening at our church and in our city. I'm not sure what God is up to, but I'm so excited. I kind of wish we could have a worship session at church every night. I can relate to the church in Acts gathering to worship everyday when the Holy Spirit was going crazy with them. I wish we could - or were!

Random thoughts:
  • I really like my (2nd) cousin Jason. And his girlfriend Katie. They're visiting this weekend and it's been so fun to hang out with them. And then the fun grew exponentially when KELSEY BEACHEY came to town. :-) She's been gone for a few months and we miss her. Ok, I miss her. Whatever. She and Joe just need to hurry up and get married.
  • I found out while talking to Jason that I had created an extra family for him that did not exist. I totally thought his brother Ben was his cousin, and that Jason was the only boy is a family of a few girls. Um, no. He is one of four boys in a family of six kids. He only has 2 sisters. (Do we like how I keep going back and forth between numbers and spelling them out? I don't know which is correct. Feel free to let me know.) So anyway, this led to a discussion last night clearing up who was who in our extended, Mennonite family. I'm still a little hazy on some people. Maybe if I had gone to the reunion...
  • TJ has decided to let go of his dream to have 3 kids by the time he is 30. I think that's great, since it would require me to be 2 months pregnant RIGHT NOW. How about: No. So I think it was big of him to accept that he wasn't going to see that dream come to fruition. Upside: he now thinks we should let Stella get into school and then maybe look into adoption, or decide if we'd like another of our own. But leaning toward adoption. :-) I'm a happy girl. We have always talked about adopting, but when we decided we might want to just have 3, then it became more of a maybe. But at the moment I'd love to adopt. It will take a lot of prayer and feeling called to do it though. I don't want to do it just for fun and not be ready for the commitment and sacrifice it can be. I'm so blessed to have seen several people in my life go through it, and have wise counsel when I need it. But it would be pretty cool, I think.
  • I'm not going to be joining a gym probably until the end of the year, so my goal is to attempt to do either the cardio, kickboxing, or yoga sets from P90X 3 times a week. I'm actually letting people know so they can hold me accountable. :-/
  • This week I will be making 3 tooth fairy pillows for a friend, and I'm super excited. Don't look for me on Etsy anytime soon though. I have too many projects for my house on Pinterest to get started on anything else.
  • Pinterest is probably a legitimate addiction.
The End.

1 comment:

Bird's Words said...

I'm totally loving the adoption talk here! Just so you know, I'm now committing to praying that God reveals His perfect plan for your family, and if adoption is in the picture for you, that He is already preparing that sweet child for his/her forever family. Never too early to pray :)