Friday, February 18, 2011

Down With The Sickness

So we are finally (hopefully) at the end of the Hood Home Epidemic. First, Joe came home from work a week ago with type-A, potentially H1N1 flu and was down for almost an entire week. I was so happy when he started feeling better and aired out his room. The smell of death of starting to spread into the hallway. :-) Then TJ and Siah both caught colds. For Siah, it's just been a run-of-the-mill cold, but TJ's turned into bronchitis. So he had to stay home for a couple of days this week to get some rest. I fully expected him to cough up a lung several times. He went to see the same doctor Joe went to earlier, and she said Joe had gotten the sickie-of-the-week award the previous week and TJ was definitely in the running this week. She told him that if she took x-rays she would probably call it pneumonia, but she was going to just give him antibiotics and told him to stay home and rest. Somehow, by the grace of God, I managed to escape all of it. There is no way I could have taken care of all the invalids around here if I had been feeling like they looked. I was so glad when TJ started feeling better and the weather was so beautiful that I was able to throw open all the windows yesterday and totally air out our house. So now we are fresh, clean, and almost all healed.

No comments: