Friday, February 13, 2009

I Can't Think of a Clever Title

I just want to start by saying that it is never a good idea to follow up a chocolate-chip pancake with pilates. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but I assure you, it is not. I think it's going to take me a little while to recover.

Life in Texas is good. It is cloudy, but a nice 70 degree high is expected for this afternoon. Siah and I are going to run some errands when he wakes up from his nap. That is, if he ever goes to sleep. He slept for about 45 minutes and then I put him in his swing to help him finish his nap (they're usually an hour and a half to 2 hours). But he's been singing and talking to himself for the last 20 minutes. I think I drink too much coffee. When he stops nursing and goes through caffeine withdrawal my life is not going to be so fun. But I digress. Texas is pretty wonderful, small group this week was really great. I walk into whoever's house it is and immediately feel intensely loved. I think it's unfortunate how many churches don't have that kind of love and fellowship, and I feel so blessed that God sent us to such a great church and great small group. We're studying prayer in the sermon series and in our small groups and it's been a lot of fun. We talked about intercessory prayer this week and it was really interesting.

My birthday was last Friday, and I can't believe I'm 24. I think I thought I would be 22 for several years before I moved on. I don't feel like I'm in my mid-twenties. That makes me think of young professionals in offices. It was a good day though. My husband surprised me with a
beautiful bunch of gerber daisies and then we went to The Cheesecake Factory and to a movie on Saturday. And this weekend is going to be a lot of fun, we're going to (FINALLY) get our Texas plates and driver's licenses. Yes, we have been driving semi-illegally for the last 2 months but all of that will be behind us tomorrow. I think I'll really feel like a Texan when my plates and license match everyone else's! And as we're still working on building up our babysitter list, we're going to make dinner and rent some movies and just be a little family staying in. As soon as I'm done here I'm going to make TJ a Valentine's Day card out of construction paper. :-) I watched the Charlie Brown Valentine's special and was inspired. Snoopy can really cut paper hearts.



1 comment:

lucyhannah said...

Happy Birthday! (belated) I'm so happy for you and your boys! :)