Tuesday, April 12, 2011


Yesterday evening was rather exciting. We went to a going away party at a friend's house for Clark (he's going to be going to a ministry college and working in Ohio, I think, until then to save up money) . As tends to happen when you mesh 3 toddlers and a 5 year old with lots of toys and balloons, accidents happen. In this case, Josiah walked between a plastic bat and the balloons that were being batted. Poor little guy, he got caught right at the corner of his eyebrow, and it immediately swelled up like crazy. After lots and lots of tears, he finally decided he wanted to play again, so we stayed and he played with a Barbie "scooter-trash" for a while. "Scooter-trash" is what his Grandpa and Uncle Joe have taught him is the proper term for scooters and vespas. :-) We came home and I put ice on his eye while we watched Toy Story, and it looked sooo much better this morning. He's my little tough guy.

We have 10 days until the closing of our new house. Holy Cow. TJ and I are beyond excited about moving into our new house, and I can't wait to be there, but I hate packing so much. Fortunately, my amazing husband has been arranging a "packing day" with my family and friends for me, so that I'll have lots of help. In the meantime, I'm trying to pack several boxes up everyday, which is not as easy as you might think with a toddler trying to "help". And by help, I mean unpack. :-) But we are getting there, my walls are starting to look a little bare and things continue to be organized and purged, which I keep reminding myself is the biggest part of packing. We'll be closing on Good Friday, TJ will paint our living room that night, and we'll move in Saturday! Then we'll have 5 weeks until the baby gets here, which feels like a good amount of time to get a little bit of settling done. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I am going to be 9 months pregnant.




No comments: