Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Is Really Weak Coffee...

Hot, even very strong, tea is not the same as coffee.

My coffee maker finally gave up the ghost (what does that even mean?) and died. My dear husband took it apart and tried to find the reason it was malfunctioning, but in the end, it was just the coffee maker's time. In lieu of a few last words spoken over it, TJ turned to me and said, "Don't worry, we'll get you a new one. You having coffee is vital to the well-being of our family."

I love that guy. He gets me.

Our house continues to come together more and more every week, albiet slowly. While TJ works on major jobs on the weekend (like finishing out the basement), I'm trying to accomplish organization. My goal is do at least one organizational job a day. I've made myself a list of things that need to get done, and I'm determined to get going on it. I'm trying very hard to be more disciplined, but it's a lot harder when your coffee maker breaks. I can't wait for TJ to finish the basement so that Joe can move down there, and Josiah can move upstairs and then Stella can move into her nursery. Last night I was looking at pictures of nurseries and kids rooms - I'm so excited about being able to paint their rooms! Another perk of owning your own house. :-)

Well, it's time to get started on my to-do list. And maybe check out Etsy for cute kid room decor. No. Discipline. I can do this. I think today I might need to work on a memory verse:

"Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:4-5

No comments: