Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Random Post to Catch-Up

Well team, it's been quite a while since I last posted. And I would say the reason for that was first business and then because all I could think to post about seemed like complaining, and I hate when people only use blogs and statuses and tweets to complain. It's annoying. But after a while, I started to think that maybe the 'nobility' of not posting to not complain smacked a little of laziness and ungratefulness for all that is wonderful in my life. Ok, maybe more than a little. :-) So here I am, back in black. (Actually in a gray EKU t-shirt, but you get the picture).

A quick recap on some of the highlights of the last month:

  • Stella is starting to get that pudgy, stuffed animal feel to her. I LOVE when babies feel like that. I just want to squeeze her to death! But I won't.
  • Josiah is awesome. I kind of thought that because I enjoy Stella so much I would start to think he was less fun, but that definitely hasn't happened. He's so funny, I love that we're getting into the "Kids Say The Darndest Things" phase. By far my favorite, though, is how he randomly shouts, "I LUB YOU MAMA" from whatever room he's in. It makes me so happy.
  • My husband is AMAZING. Our basement is looking so so good. I'll try to take some pictures so you can see, but it's been crazy how the more walls he's put up, the bigger the basement looks. We now have a bedroom, a couple of closets, and the bathroom walls up. Joe moved down last week and Stella moved out of our room and into her room upstairs, WHICH I LOVE. No more waking up everytime she grunts in the night. This past Saturday we had my family over to watch football in the basement and TJ even swept and mopped it for me. I am so blessed to have such a hard-working husband.
  • Yesterday was super-fun. DeeAnn Miller and I (and Stella) went up to Lexington to Once Upon A Child and Plato's Closet. I had a load of stuff to buy and to sell, and also picked up some fall boots at Rack Room. I am in love with my boots and am looking for excuses to go places so I can wear them. TJ initially asked that I get heeled boots, but all the heeled boots make me look like a pirate. Slouchy boots are definitely not flattering (at least for me). So I got the go-ahead for riding boots!! :-) I also did really good getting stuff for the kids, but I won't bore you with the details. It was a fun trip.
So those are just a few of the things I have to be happy about. I will admit the thing that does have my mood dragging a little bit is that I've lost my contacts. Not one, but both of them. I have absolutely no idea where they are. I thought they were in the contact case on the counter, but when I went to put them in, it was empty! As were all the other contact cases I have. I went through the trash twice (which was disgusting because everyone except for me has a cold) and looked in every crevice of the floor and toiletry bags I keep in the bathroom. No luck. Josiah says he played with the, but I'm not sure he actually did, as the case was exactly where I left it, with both sides closed. I think if he had been playing with it, it would have been in a different place and probably open. But I could be wrong. On the upside, I just got new glasses that I really like. On the downside, it seems that as I've gone without my contacts, my prescription is slightly blurry on the right side. I wear hard contact lenses, so they re-shape your eye. I imagine that the longer I go without them, my eye reverts to its bad shape and worse eyesight. It's extremely frustrating knowing that I would see more clearly if I had my contacts. But I keep telling myself I should just be happy I live in a country and time when I can get glasses to help me see as well as they do. Feel free to pray that my contacts turn up though.

Alright. Time to fold some laundry. I promise to more faithful in the posting. :-)


2 comments:

Suzanne Slagell said...

1) Your reasons for not posting made me go back and re-examine my last posts. I also hate complainers. You are now duty-bound to let me know if I get too complainy.
2) As a mother of scrawny newborns, I also loved when they FINALLY got chubby. However, in our church, we have several chubby-since-birth babies, and they are my favorites.
3) I am really glad to hear you are enjoying Josiah. Enjoy every single second that you can. I hated three years old. It was the worst, and I rejoiced the day my son turned four. :)
4) Amen to the riding boots. I have already worn mine three times since it turned a tiny bit fall-weatherish. I since decided that I should maybe pace myself. But they smell so very good. and they feel so very good. and doggone, they look so very, very good.

See how much I have to say about a short post? Clear sign you should post more often, and I can space out my comments.

jess said...

Suzanne:

1) Definitely I will, but I feel like I learn something everytime I read your blog. And your grateful list reminds me to be grateful.

3) I would maybe clarify that I do not always love 3. Mostly I actually don't, but lately it's been on an up-swing. We always have a rough week the first week TJ goes back to 2nd shift, which was this past week. His job allows him to have a month on 1st here and there and it was amazing. But then I got a terror for a 3-year-old for a week.

I'm so glad you read my blog. :-) It's nice to know it's not just me. And I love your comments.